Monday, May 12, 2008

Ok... what?

So, I am driving home from work the other day, and had to stop because we were bumper to bumper on the freeway. So I am sitting there just listening to my music trying not to freak because it is hot and we are not moving, when something catches my eye.

I had to kinda stare at if for a second to figure out what exactly it was. About 5 cars ahead of me some guy is holding a sign out of his window. It was a piece of cardboard with "HANG UP YOUR PHONE AND DRIVE" written across the front of it, in what appeared to be Magic Marker.

I just kinda stared for a minute. I think the reaction he wanted was something like"way to go!" And all I could think was -maybe this was not the best way to get his message across. I mean he was physically holding this thing outside of his window while he was driving. And we were all on the freeway! How is this helping? Honestly? Is this really happening? Like isn't he totally defeating his purpose. Seriously, what if his arm gets tired? He has to switch hands? Does he do a cross over type of action? Then what? He has to bob his head around his arm so he can see, while he tries to steer. Not to mention if and or when we start to move. What will he do then? Quicky yank the sign back into his car to move? Or does he hold it out while he is driving? Then he has to fight to hold it upright against the wind as he drives? Then what? It rips from his hands and just so happens to land on the car in back of him?

I just had to then laugh. Come on! I appreciate your effort, but lets try and put a little more thought into something if you are trying to make a "statement" :)

6 comments:

Sarah E said...

You make me laugh little sis'.

Jillo said...

You need to make a sign that says "put down your lame cardboard and drive!" Some people.....

Ryan's Repository said...

That was me. I see your point now.

Glenna Roundy said...

I wish that I could have seen that one. I wish I was driving with Dad when we saw that one. I wish I could have heard from Robert how dumb he was and how crazy and dangerous he was while we were driving and saw that one.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Hi! I found your blog from your mom's blog (which I found from Jill's blog). I love this post. Too funny!

Your blog is way cute. It's fun to read up on you a bit. I'm excited you are going to Disneyland.

Annie said...

this would only happen to you. that's all i have to say. :)